Hooka questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
My boss's brother is thinking about getting a Hooka setup so he can clear the area around his boat dock. I don't know squat about Hooka, but told him I'd ask around and try to find out something about that style of diving.

Other than equipment are there any fundamental differences between Hooka & SCUBA diving? Do you still use the same tables, etc.? Is there anything particular to Hooka that a SCUBA diver wouldn't think of?

Any and all pearls are welcome!

Thanks,

Yes, the scuba dive tables apply to hookah diving as well as it's still breathing compressed air at depth.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

You hardly need tables using Hooka. I have one and dive to about 25' as the air hose limits the area of operation. At 25' we stay down over an hour, never had to worry about bends, way too shallow. I really don't like the hooka as it limits my movement.l Our compressor is on our anchored boat, so we can move only about 10 feet in any direction. This would be perfect for working on a dock, boat, or other fixed object.

Good point. One can stay down a very long time at 20'-25' without approaching NDLs.

However, units such as the commercial line from Brownie's Third Lung do allow divers to go to depths where tables indeed will need to be used.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom