what is this clip on the bc called?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On the harness strap of my scubapro superhawk, the clip that looks like this fell off ( i didnt have it hooked on one dive..so it was dangling about and i guess fell off). i was trying to look for it on mcmaster but i didnt know what to search for.. hmmmmm.... thanks for any info

....but they're usually referred to as "Fastex" buckles. REI carries tons of them...

Roak

sumguy once bubbled...
Also known as "quick release" and "side release" buckles.
Or....flimsy plastic thingy :D

That is a fast-tec buckle and you should be able to pick one up at any outdoor store, I use "The Pedaler & The Packer" here in Athens, OH, they have alot of neato stuff check out www.pedaler.com or call them at 1-888-9Go-DIVE (I think). They have all that kind of stuff and a bunch more. Plus, when you call them, you usually get someone that knows what the heck they are talking about, which is refreshing.

i checked both REI and EMS (eastern mtn sports) they had the same looking buckles, but none that fits exactly.. the guy said i have a "streamlined" type buckle..they also dont know what other stores carry em besides themselves.. umm.. i was gonna check out the pedaler.. but i dont know the exact name and size of the darn thing!! i could actually buy a new set of buckles but that would mean unsewing the female end connected to the bc, and resewing it back on with the new buckle.. wtfffffffffff there has to be a solution! i was thinking maybe use a D-ring (or circle ring steel thing) onto the loop fabric (so i wouldnt have to unsew it) then use some other type of hook to hook it on.. umm..if anyone understands what i just said.. good.. if not.. then its hopelesssssssssssss ;-0

Hey... um... last post by Wackodacko, the original poster, was over two years ago. He was apparently planning a honeymoon to Thailand, then... nothing! :11:

Oh, well... what he actually had looks like a side-release, single-adjust (or single-pull) Fastex quick-release buckle.

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom