making your own DPV charger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mad4wrecks

Reaction score
How difficult is it to make your own charger for a DPV? Can't you just take a Wal-mart brand 6/12V charger and make your own connectors to fit your DPV? I can't see paying $319.00 for a new charger. (I have an Aeris Voyager DPV)

How difficult is it to make your own charger for a DPV? Can't you just take a Wal-mart brand 6/12V charger and make your own connectors to fit your DPV? I can't see paying $319.00 for a new charger. (I have an Aeris Voyager DPV)

The two 12 volt SLA batteries in the AERIS Voyager produce a combined 24 volts. You could charge each 12 volt battery separately which is a pain. That being said, I think Sears and Interacter (definitely) made a 24 volt charger???

X

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of battery it is as to what kind of charger you would have to build. The ideal charging characteristics of a lead acid are way different from AGM, NiCad, NiMH and the rest. I don't know anything about DPV so I have no idea what kind are standard, but once you find out google 'charging circuit battery type' or something similar and you should get allot of ideas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom