Who wants to dive a spring...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

define deeper? I have never dove Troy, I want too though, I have dove Blue Gotto more time than I can count and dive Hudson Grotto on a regular basis. I think I am diving Hudson on saturday. it is deep, but dark. What are your certs? I see you show 0-24 dives. You are more than welcome to meet me and my friends anytime we dive.

Joe

You forgot to mention that it gets dark there a ways before it get to anything that could be considered deep.
And for the OP,there are some relatively deep places closer to him than either place that was mentioned.

If OP really has limited experience, one shouldn't be concerned with depth.
Going deeper doesn't give anyone a badge, you simply use your gas/air faster.
Bragging rights belong to those who can get nice long, uneventful (safe) dives.
But, I guess one could lie about either or both.

You forgot to mention that it gets dark there a ways before it get to anything that could be considered deep.
And for the OP,there are some relatively deep places closer to him than either place that was mentioned.

AND don't forget that wonderful smell (ROFL)...
(Hudson).

Beano

I wanted to do something with about 65' just to see how well I take it. I'm currently just OW certified signed up for AOW the first weekend in October. Reason I say deeper is alot of springs I see advertised are about 25'-30'. I hear alot about blue grotto but it seems expensive. I heard about troy springs and thought it would be neat to see the old paddle boat remains but I hear it can get murky from the river. I not sre if I have heard of Hudson whats there to see?

I wanted to do something with about 65' just to see how well I take it. I'm currently just OW certified signed up for AOW the first weekend in October. Reason I say deeper is alot of springs I see advertised are about 25'-30'. I hear alot about blue grotto but it seems expensive. I heard about troy springs and thought it would be neat to see the old paddle boat remains but I hear it can get murky from the river. I not sre if I have heard of Hudson whats there to see?

Well, You dont see alot at hudson, last weekend you had about 25 feet vis. But as far as a nich traning area it works out pretty wekk, good platforms 20, 40 and 100 feet. They have lines that are strung around the grotto at 30 and 60 feet. When you have the skill set to go to the bottom they have boats, some vans and other things on the bottom.

For me I use Hudosn as a place to dive to test new equipment, it is closer to my house , (45 minutes as opposed to 2-3 hours). We practice night dives, hand signels, and as I meet new friends we end up there diving and having fun. I like it because it is a challenge to dive there, I can get a fill accros the street. Scuba west is a good shop, fair prices and there is plenty to eat in the local area. 15.00 to get in all day.

You loose light somewhere around 40 feet, so simulated night dives work very well.
I like diving Blue Grotto and devils den, (even though devils always give me a headache) Hudson for lack of a better term is my home water. I sent you a Pm earlier today. I am diving someplace this weekend. Anyone can come along, it's almost a free country, but you do have to carry your own tank!:D

Joe

I'm just wanting to get the experience under my belt. I'm hoping to dive the vanderburg soon and don't wanna get out in a boat and get in the water and not know what it's gonna be like that deep. I talked to my DM about it and he thinks it's a great idea to work on some deeper water dives so when I get to my advanced class I can get though it in a breeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom