Pain in the joints

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottBuck

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The last couple times that have been diving (shore) the hike back to the truck I have been getting pains in my knee (joints). Does anybody have any suggestions on things I can do or supplements I can take any help would be appreciated!!!!

1. Condition legs and especially knees --> Typical Knee Conditioning Exercises - Exercise Articles - ArticleDoctor.com

2. Use NSAIDs if appropriate --> Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com

3. Supplmentation might include glucosamine and chondroitin --> Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) - drug class, medical uses, medication side effects, and drug interactions by MedicineNet.com

Regards,

DocVikingo

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual, and should not be construed as such

I feel your pain. I have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It is very painful doning the equipment not to mention carrying them. But once I hit that water and I'm down there it's all worth it.
My new perfume (in case you want to try it) "Icy Hot":D

I just got some Nutritional Supplements called dub Nutrition, it is supposed to have some anti inflammatory attributes to it. Has anyone heard of them, if you have what do you think? So far it has helped out in everyday but i havent been diving since i started taking them. Just wondering what others think!!!

DCS ??? Old Age?? haha. Could be loads of things. Rather go and see a medical profesional.

Fish oil and Glucosamine taken regularly can really help depending how bad your joints are. I have destroyed the cartillage in my hip from a crash and these two supplements have helped alot over the years...and exercise of course. Hope that helps...

Not a doctor and haven't stayed at a Hollida Inn Express in several years, but....

I have always found that I get joint pain after doing something I don't do often. For example, my knees are creaky and sore this week despite the fact that I have been exercising regularly for about 4 months now and have done a ton of work on my legs during that time. But, on Sat and Sun I coached little league and my team is coach pitch....so I spent a great deal of time on one knee, getting up and down, not something I do much outside baseball season.

I would suggest before considering or worrying about suplements, that you find ways to train those muscles that you are using (find a trainer or doctor to recomend appropriate excercises for those joints). If it's something you do often and it just now is starting to hurt, I would start with a little rest...then a doctor would be my next visit if the rest didn't help.

Always remember though....Free Advice is worth what you pay for it....

DCS ??? Old Age?? haha. Could be loads of things. Rather go and see a medical profesional.

Ditto, it could be your joint or muscles, injury or cronic condition. Each would involve different strategies of treatment or adaptation. Once you have it narrowed down physical therapists can really help get you back on track and no I'm not a pt professional but I have benefited from their expertise.

If you have flat feet, a shoe with a good arch support will go a long way. Asiacs brand.

The last couple times that have been diving (shore) the hike back to the truck I have been getting pains in my knee (joints). Does anybody have any suggestions on things I can do or supplements I can take any help would be appreciated!!!!

--

Glucosamine and the normal recommendations are ok, but if you want to try something that does actually work try Stemcell enhancers, Stemcell enhancers basically quicken your bodies ability to naturally repair itself, and I've found have eliminated aches and pains that used to occur. Go to http://gillard.stemtechbiz.com/

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom