Ras Mohamed & Tiran straits Jul-09'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maged_mmh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Red Sea Jul-09'

IMG_2447_1.jpg

IMG_2458_1.jpg

IMG_2454_1.jpg

IMG_2494_1_1.jpg

IMG_2505_1.jpg

IMG_2522_1.jpg

IMG_2523_1.jpg

IMG_2524_1.jpg

IMG_2531_1.jpg

IMG_2540_1.jpg

IMG_2537_1.jpg

IMG_2766_1.jpg

you'll find some in PB (see link above), still uploading the rest :)

Love that trumpetfish picture! Thanks for putting these up. I'm leaving for the Red Sea in two weeks, and these have whetted my appetite.

The batfish were off Shark/Yolanda reefs by any chance?

If anyone wants Dahab pictures some of mine are here:

Dahab 2009 - a set on Flickr
wreck safari photos here: Wreck Safari - a set on Flickr
were you there? :wink:
yes they were.. looked like a stampede hundreds of them, so sorry I don't have a decent wideangle kit, it would have allowed for much nicer shots.. I thought these are called spadefish though :huh:

My hubby took us to Sharm el Sheik this july for our summer holiday. He has been going there on and off for the last 10 years. To be honest I wasn't overly keen on going.I hadn't heard great things about the red sea until I moved to Italy and all the Italians rave about it!! So we went taking with us our 10 month baby, Maya Blue. Well, what can I say apart from GREAT!!! Had a fab time! We stayed in The Renaissance resort which was really brill, the food was out of this world! We took it in turns to dive, and I really enjoyed the dives. I struck gold as whilst diving on jackson corner I came across 5 hammerheads!! Also had the pleasure of snorkeling with a beautiful Manta..And funny funny funny, saw a HUGE grouper with a puffer fish in its mouth! The only negative side of the dives were that they were very short! In the dive briefing we were told 60 mins max..fine, but each time we would surface after 48-50 mins.. There was just the guide and myself. I use very little air, and I was surfacing each time with at least 110 bar..I would have liked to have spent a little more time in the magical underwater world. Apart from that I look forward to returning hopefully next year! Happy diving xx

were you there? :wink:
yes they were.. looked like a stampede hundreds of them, so sorry I don't have a decent wideangle kit, it would have allowed for much nicer shots.. I thought these are called spadefish though :huh:

Shark and Yolanda is amazing in the Summer. Well acctually its amazing all year round, but June/July/August is the best. I could dive there a million times and never get bored of it (and I dive there at least twice a week!)

Glad you had a good time, when I was working in Mexico (Yucatan) we had Atlantic Spadefish, which do indeed look and behave in a very similar fashion to the fish we call Batfish in the Indo-Pacific, and when I first got there I was acctually telling all my divers they were Batfish, until another instructor corrected me!

The batfish school is amazing, as are the snappers, barracuda and unicornfish, but my absolute favourite has to be when you see the masked pufferfish forming a school, its very small by comparison, but even seeing just 20 of them together makes me laugh every time, I will try to find a photo of them and post it here. You've got to love Ras Mohammed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom