Captain Slate's Wreck Trek Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Slate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi SB Nation, here it is, the first of its' kind in the Keys. We have invented the Capt. Slate's Wreck Trek Club, Passport to Adventure complete with complimentary Wreck Trek Club Official Log Book to record your adventure dives on our Keys fabulous wrecks, second to none!:D

I have included in our log the 7 famous wrecks we have sunk over the past 25 years. I have created a logbook just for these famous dives and given a brief description of each ship and its' history, you will love our four color log. So you come visit Capt. Slate's pick up your dive log book and dive the first three of the 7 with us, USN 510' Spiegel Grove, USCG 327' Duane and Bibb then dive the remaining 4 ships with your favorite keys dive operator, 287' Eagle, 188' Thunderbolt, 210' Adolphus Busch, and the 522' USAF Vandenberg. Bring your stamped completed log back to Capt. Slate's and you win a free two tank dive trip for two including tanks and weights, plus a stay for free for one night at our bunk house. And that is not all!! Our BONUS DIVES, Dive with us on the 300' City of Washington, the 191' Mikes wreck, and the 360' Benwood and you win another two tank dive including tanks and weights! What a deal, see all the great keys shipwrecks and win three dive trips, plus! Now when have you ever seen a deal like that and think of all the fun you will have diving our wrecks.

Call us today to reserve your first dive for your new Capt. Slate's Wreck Trek Club dive with us and pick up your new Club dive logbook.:snorkel2::shark:

Hi SB Nation, here it is, the first of its' kind in the Keys. We have invented the Capt. Slate's Wreck Trek Club, Passport to Adventure complete with complimentary Wreck Trek Club Official Log Book to record your adventure dives on our Keys fabulous wrecks, second to none!:D
Sounds cool.

I have included in our log the 7 famous wrecks we have sunk over the past 25 years. I have created a logbook just for these famous dives and given a brief description of each ship and its' history, you will love our four color log.
:worthless:

Cave Diver, yea the book is cool and colorful but I didn't have a camera to post a photo but will get on it tomorrow. Each page includes a color photo of the wreck and list of 'facts' about the ship plus on the page it is 'like' a normal log book page just colored up a bit. And in the center sheet of the log we have a diagram of the keys with each wreck listed where it is sunk relative to the entire keys. We think you will like it, hey diving all the wrecks here will surely be fun...thanks. Capt. Slate:cool2:

Sounds cool.

:worthless:

I know they may be famous but what are the stats on these wrecks like depth.

I have dived the first four and they all sit within rec. limits of 130'. You can get deeper in some spots but the majority of the wreck site above 130'. These are great dives although you can get a nice current on some of them. I don't think I every dived the Daune or Bidd without a good current.

While not interested in the log book per say as a log book the info might be nice.

Yea Snowmaker is correct most of the bottom for all the wrecks is around 100' to 130' however the Vandy is about 145' in places, but all start from around 42' to 65' with the exception of the Eagle and the Bibb which lie on their sides. Yea our log does give good stats on the ship and color photos but you could simply copy the info into your log. See ya soon..water is still warm and calm, beautiful out today.

Very nice promotion and a great incentive to get down there again... (AS IF I needed more reasons)

That's a very generous offer. Thanks a lot.

Keys-H20 lover, I just thought it would be good for all the keys operators to 'show off' all our wrecks we have worked so hard over the past 25+ years to make our destination the best there is. I sure love diving our wrecks, fish life is the best even on the new Vandenberg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom