Recognized Dive boats/locations for Lobstering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ft.lauderdale diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wanting to hop on a boat specifically for lobstering. Any recommendations? Willing to drive well outside of the Ft. Lauderdale area if you can convince me if the results will be worth the drive.

I'm new to the area, so please give as much detail about your recommendations.
Thanks!

Any of the commercial dive operations - dive mostly the same areas. They get combed over quite well; so the key to good lobstering on a commercial boat is:

1) Wherever everyone goes... Go the other way.
b) check the outlying edges of the reef. Sometimes, the little pieces of rubble reef off of the main reef yields better results.
3) go slow and look carefully. Finding the lobsters is the biggest part of the challenge.

Wanting to hop on a boat specifically for lobstering. Any recommendations? Willing to drive well outside of the Ft. Lauderdale area if you can convince me if the results will be worth the drive.

I'm new to the area, so please give as much detail about your recommendations.
Thanks!

Nice diving with you yesterday man. Yeah I'm bad at finding lobsters, as I've only gone lobstering a couple times..but on the dive boats in Boynton that I frequently go on, there are always people coming up w/ lobsters. A couple weeks ago I went with Boynton Bch Dive Ctr and there must have been a total of about 20-25 lobsters on the boat after one dive. With the exception of one guy, the rest of the people who caught lobsters were off in their own groups of 2 or solo.

Nice diving with you as well. forgot to mention that. The night dive was really cool. A lot of life--great bottom time and a easy relaxing dive. Let me know if you're up for going on a boyton lobster dive..I always like to see some familar faces when I go diving.

Nice diving with you as well. forgot to mention that. The night dive was really cool. A lot of life--great bottom time and a easy relaxing dive. Let me know if you're up for going on a boyton lobster dive..I always like to see some familar faces when I go diving.

Yeah definitely some good dives. Good experience for my first night dive & fun group of people.

Just say the word and I'm there. I'm up for a dive almost every weekend.
The boats I like to go on up here are smaller, so they usually require booking by a good few days in advance..Especially for a morning dives, which I tend to prefer. Most of the diving up here is 50-60ft, similar to the 2nd dive last night.
Some boats also will drop you on the outer ledges of the reef which get to about 80' ...some people also claim that more lobsters hang out in the deeper areas, I dont really know.

We can go this weekend if you want

Hey folks..I am out of commission until the middle of October for a boat dive. I will be travelling next weekend 9/25 -9/27 and then have family coming. Definitely would like to coordinate something around that time if you're up for it. In the meantime anyone up for a evening dive this week--Wed or Thurs?

Hey folks..I am out of commission until the middle of October for a boat dive. I will be travelling next weekend 9/25 -9/27 and then have family coming. Definitely would like to coordinate something around that time if you're up for it. In the meantime anyone up for a evening dive this week--Wed or Thurs?

I think I may be interested in a Wednesday night dive if you're talking about a beach dive.

Greg

Bianca set a dive up at 8;30 at Dania Beach through meetup. I'd be more than happy to go take another shot at Pompano Dropoff, but it's going to have to be at 8:30. I have prior committments that will keep me from going any earlier.
Let me know!

Bianca set a dive up at 8;30 at Dania Beach through meetup. I'd be more than happy to go take another shot at Pompano Dropoff, but it's going to have to be at 8:30. I have prior committments that will keep me from going any earlier.
Let me know!

Ya, I saw you were signed up for that one. Was thinking about it myself. I would actually like to do the drop off, actually making it all the way out. Maybe we should
decide on Wednesday based on the conditions. 2-3' seas or greater is tough enough in the day, night may be a little rough. If it looks rough, hit Dania up.

8:30 is fine, I don't like to go before 8 any ways.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom