nikonos 15mm lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

the OLD style is a good 1" longer than the NEW style. The OLD style will stick into the body of the camera covering the meter hole on the bottom of the camera thus rendering it unusable. The NEW style fits like the other lens, the 80mm, 35mm, 28mm and 20mm.

Ed

Hello,

Forgot to mention 2 things:

1) Welcome to scubaboard!

2) the NEW style is designated with an N, i.e. 15/2.8N

Ed

Welcome to the Board!

What kind of camera set-up do you have? Care to share some photos? :wink:

Thank you blacknet, i'm discovering the scuba board. it is a wonderful ressource.
I have Nikonos 5, 15mm lens, 35 macro kit. I have slides and have to scan them. that is why i want to move to digital. what are you using?

A couple years ago I switched to an Olympus C-4040 in an Olympus PT-10 housing. I also use a S&S YS90DX strobe and S&S 20mm WA lens.

I really enjoy the smaller overall package of the digital....unless I get carried away again with spider arms and dual strobes.

Both will work.

The old style was produced for the Nikonos IV, prior to TTL in the Nik V. You can actually use the old style in the Nik V, but just won't have TTL.

Then again if you are going to spend that large sum of cash, better get the real one. Helix sells them on Ebay from time to time and they are a Super lens!

Digital does not have the dynamic range yet nor does it hold up well in high contrast situations like shooting upwards towards the sun to get Sunballs and Lightrays.

Here is an excellent article by Professionals comparing digital to film

*Click Here*

Prices will come down and quality will increase in the future.

Back
Top Bottom