Taken Picture of other divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m getting ready to take my first live aboard trip. Is there a protocol for taking other peoples pictures? I want to document the hold trip.

Best bet would be to ask. Odds are if you're open and friendly with your dive mates, they wont mind, but it would be polite to ask, just to make sure.

If you are going to publish a picture, or sell it, and the individual is recognizable you need to have a signed model release.

If you only want to take pictures in the hold, just make sure that you have a good flash. No reason to ask anyone else except perhaps the crew?

If you only want to take pictures in the hold, just make sure that you have a good flash. No reason to ask anyone else except perhaps the crew?

I believe he meant to say "document the whole trip.

I’m getting ready to take my first live aboard trip. Is there a protocol for taking other peoples pictures?

If by "protocol" you're asking what normally happens, everybody will be snapping like mad, then at the end of the week everybody will promise to send copies of their pictures as soon as they get them downloaded back home. Then you'll never hear from them again. It's infuriating.

Break the tradition, I say. Take tons of pictures and offer to share them with anybody who wants a copy. Bring a card reader with you so they can do the same. Everybody likes having underwater shots in their scuba paraphernalia, and obviously this is hard to do with the timer :)

Enjoy your trip...and don't forget your seasickness meds!

I’m getting ready to take my first live aboard trip. Is there a protocol for taking other peoples pictures? I want to document the hold trip.
What trip you going on. My wife and I are doing the Nekton whatchamacallit out of Puerto Rico on Sept 27- Oct 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom