Hollis Wet Suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yorn

Reaction score
Hi,
i came across a Hollis prototype wetsuite displayed by a shop. The shop claims that this is a Hollis suite although missing the brand stickers (since it is a prototype).
It has 2 pockets on the front of the legs and a diagonal back zipper.

Will Hollis produce Wetsuits and are there prototypes in field ?

Best Regards
Yorn

Hi,
i came across a Hollis prototype wetsuite displayed by a shop. The shop claims that this is a Hollis suite although missing the brand stickers (since it is a prototype).
It has 2 pockets on the front of the legs and a diagonal back zipper.

Will Hollis produce Wetsuits and are there prototypes in field ?

Best Regards
Yorn

Hi Yorn,

I believe you are referring to a 7mm semi-dry? Hollis does carry this product, but it is only available through our European dealers currently. Answer to your question is yes, this suit was a prototype but it should be in production now. This is the only product like it that we carry.

Hope this helps.

Hi Nick,

that's exactly the one you mentioned.
Will try it on this week. Keen to here about my experince trying it out ?

Yorn

Domestic market for Semi-Dry is slow. Domestic technical market for a Semi-Dry even worse. Much more prevalent item internationally. At least this is what we have seen.

What is your opinion?

Wonder if it will ever get out of Germany.:shakehead:

European market for Semi-dry tech suits is non existing

A regular wetsuit with pockets and a diagonal zipper would do very well here. Take a look at how many divers are gluing pockets on their suits since most bc pockets suck and are not easy to access. I've glued pockets on 3 suits. one 3 mil and 2 5mil wetsuits. And even when not diving my BPW and using a jacket bc ( Oceanic Probe) I never use the BC pockets any more. The thigh pockets are more accessible, hold more stuff, and are far more versatile. Manufacturers who do not put thigh pockets on suits are really missing the boat.

Jim, you're spot on. I'd buy one for sure. My list of things to buy includes a good 7mm semi-dry with thigh pockets, and front zipper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom