Dacor, Seaquest, Sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbichsel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking for a new BC and have just about narrowed it down to the following:

Dacor Talon

SeaQuest Pro QD

Sherwood Avid

The Sherwood has me a bit concerned by the CQR. While I think it would be easier to get the weights out than releasing multiple layers of velcro (Talon), I worry about long term buckle life.

Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks.

jbichsel

I too considered the Sherwood and Pro QD+. Bought the QD+ and have loved it since the 1st dive. For a jacket BC very little squeze. If you are diving mostly tropical with little weight, then the older style velcro pockets on the QD are fine. If you are diving with alot more weight I would go with new sure-lock system. Velcro version can be had quite a bit cheeper. Bought mine from LP. Have about 65 dives on it and would not trade it for the world. I did not believe the Sherwood was near the quality of gear IMHO.

my .02 worth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom