quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgri

Reaction score
I have never used a back inflate BC or wing/BP before but after reading all the positives about them here I am probably going to look into buying one.
I have been hitting the websites looking at different types of wings (OMS,Halcyon) and I noticed that the dump valve tends to be located at the inside/lower part of the wing as opposed to the top of a traditional jacket BC.
Why is this? Does it have something to do with the chance of a wing to roll you onto your back if you fully inflate it? What's the learning curve to keep that from happening? Does it only happen when you fully inflate or is it easy to roll one if your trim or buoyancy control is off?

I guess I don't have a quick question after all :)
Mark

Most bc's have several dumps. There is usually a lower/rear dump, and an shoulder dump that may or may not have a pull cord on it.

The exact location and number of dumps may vary by manufacturer and wing design.

Hope this helps.

are deigned to take 2 bladders so you will get two inflation hoses - one on the left shoulder and one on the right. If this is the case you will normally have two dump valves at the bottom - one for each bag.

If you have not got a second bag then the right shoulder is normally blocked off, on wings designed for two.

It is my exeperience that the ones designed as a single bagger do have a right shoulder dump - my scubapro rec tek wing does. Don't know much about america gear though.

If it does have two dump valves on the bottom learn which one is which....

Hope that helps a bit.

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom