Halcyon fair trade pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

feign

Registered
Reaction score
Halcyon claims that their FTP should give anyone the same price in US dollars for Canada, US, Mexico. I'm in Canada and a LDS is jacking up the price when converting to Canadian to compensate for "bringing it across the border". For example currently the exchange rate is about 1.36 Canadian for 1 US, but the prices I'm getting equate to about 1.70 (recent quote)- Is this fair? I don't know what to do about the situation as I feel I am getting ripped off.

Thanks for any input

...Cozumel a $5 slate cost $10. The owner od the lds explained customs broker$, shipper$, import tax$ and so on. Why do ppl here feel they are getting " ripped off" if the lds won't sell it to them for less than the item cost the lds. You can order one online, go to USA and bring it back, have some one ship one to you, open your own store, buy another brand. I wonder if ppl argure the price of cereal at the super market, do you know what the mark up is there.

Part of my concern is that I know of a dealer on the other side of the country that sells the same products with only using the current exchange rate as mark up from the US MSRP. Isn't there a dealer to retail profit already built in to set retail prices? Also, didn't NAFTA eliminate most costs e.g. import tax for moving merchandise across these borders?

feign once bubbled...
I don't know what to do about the situation as I feel I am getting ripped off.

How far are you from Gilboa? They don't call I-75 the ho chi min trail for nothing.

You are getting ripped off and there is no excuse for it.

There are several places online that list halcyon prices in canada. If you're paying more than those, you're getting screwed. Shipping is damn cheap, so get one of those guys to ship it to you.

Also, depending on what province you're in, you can buy online and not pay provincial tax which saves you 7-10 percent right off the bat.

http://www.tekdiv.com/manuals/2003 Online Price List.pdf

is one

and www.northerntechdiver.com is another one that i know of.

steve

thanks for the website info wetman

wetman:
I have no experience with the tekdiv site but i do know northern tech are good guys to deal with.

steve

Tekdiv offers a great service...

Jean-Sebastien Berard :banana:

ROTFLMAO!
chrpai:
How far are you from Gilboa? They don't call I-75 the ho chi min trail for nothing.

feign:
Halcyon claims that their FTP should give anyone the same price in US dollars for Canada, US, Mexico. I'm in Canada and a LDS is jacking up the price when converting to Canadian to compensate for "bringing it across the border". For example currently the exchange rate is about 1.36 Canadian for 1 US, but the prices I'm getting equate to about 1.70 (recent quote)- Is this fair? I don't know what to do about the situation as I feel I am getting ripped off.

Thanks for any input
That has nothing to do with Halcyon. The LDS appears to be doing some gouging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom