Who's diving this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverNyd

Registered
Reaction score
Tell us about your weekend plans! Where are you diving? What's the objective of your dive?

Me? I'm diving in fabulous Puget Sound at the Edmonds Oil Dock. It's about 10 miles north of Seattle.
The dive site is an abandoned oil dock. The main part of the dock is in water ranging in depth from 30 feet to 70 feet. It's a fairly large structure and the piling are home to a wide variety of sealife. Often seen there are Ratfish, Ling Cod (big), Cabezon, very large Sun Stars, lots of different nudibranchs, Gunnels, a plethora of crab (red rock, dungeoness, and some kelp crab, as well as others), lots of anenomes and tube worms. We are heading a little bit beyond the pilings to look for a Giant Pacific Octopus.
I am hosting this dive as a club dive. I am expecting about 10 divers from the Marker Buoy Dive Club in Seattle. After the dive we will adjourn to a local establishment to eat, drink, and tell lies about what amazing things we saw.
Hope you all have a good weekend and get wet.

I'm going to be a safety diver for a OW class. Quarry dive so there are rocks and a few sunken boats and the ever present blue gilled piranha to see. :idea: you wanna trade places!?!?

The backside of Catalina off the Pacific Star at out Redondo Beach. I have 2 more skill assessments dives to complete for my AOW. Whew.

oooooh-oooooh....me.me.me!

The Mrs and I are going back out to the lake where we certified last month. We each got our brand new BC's/Regs/gauges and are going out to get them wet. The new rubber and plastic smell so neat! 2 tanks each and lunch in between. Sounds like a great day!!!

OK, the instructor will be there with a new group of students. but it IS the first time since we got our cards in the mail.

I hope the newbies don't stir up the bottom as much as I did. (wink-wink)

adios amigos!

Tonight I am going to get my toes wet at Seacrest, to see if I can coax mr. giant pacific octopus out of his hole.

Tomorrow I am going (bleary eyed) to hit Seacrest before my 9am Nitrox class & then help out with a SCUBA Experience class.

Then on Sunday I've organized a couple of dives on Whidbey Island, the Langley Tire Reef + Keystone Jetty after which we will BBQ & tell fish stories. C'mon Nydia, You know you wanna go! :)

-kate

Sunday me and two buddies are going out on a boat!
I want to try someplace new maybe the dry salvages off rockport ma. maybe the breakwater. Going for lobsters as usual. damn i cant wait after 14 years its still like
going for the first time.
cyas Rick L

Sunday, diving in the Straits of Mackinaw -- where the lower peninsula meets the the upper peninsula. Great wreck diving there,

Mike

I was booked Saturday on the Bottom Time (dive boat out of Barnegat Light, NJ) but they just called and cancelled the trip. High seas predicted tomorrow. :p

Next trip is Friday, 8/31.. The boat's the same, the destination will be the Gulf Trade (Stern section).

Saturday morning I'll be maintaining the big shark exhibit up at Colorado's Ocean Journey in Denver.

Scrubbing rocks, vacuuming the bottom and then the high point, feeding the fish (unavoidable side effct: chumming the water) and waving at the visitors.

It's about a two hour dive, 22ft max unless i have to reach down into the water intakes with the arm wearing the depth gauge, at which point it's a 24ft dive. :)

Roak

Ps. A view of one of our big windows with a Gray Nurse/Sandtiger/Ragged Tooth Shark swimming by:

http://www.oceanjourney.org/images/photogallery/photogall019.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom