SEI AOW Class openings Oct 16,17,18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have three openings for my SEI Diving Advanced Open Water Class to be held October 16, 17, and 18. Classroom 9am til 4:30 Pm friday covering

Gas management, emergency deco procedures using SEI Diving Tables air deco schedule, antisilting kicks, redundant air supplies and deployment of such. We'll also cover compass, natural, and line and reel navigation and selecting the best method for conditions. Night and low vis techniques, communication, and hazards along with light, strobe/marker selection. Deep diving skills will cover descents and ascents, use of redundant air, deep stops, and deco vs safety stops. We will also cover Search and Recovery techniques, equipment, selection, and use. Rescue skills will also be included.

Proper weighting and buoyancy control will be stressed on all dives!
The dives will consist of an

Advanced Skills dive using antisilting kicks, basic skills while swimming and hovering( no more than 2foot depth change permitted), proper positioning of the team, deployment of redundant air supply( slung pony or stage), bag shoot for ascent. We will also adjust and position for proper weighting

UW Navigation using compass, natural features, and line and reel. All this will be done while maintaining good trim and buoyancy. Role of each team member in navigation

Night/Low Vis- Use of lights for communication, deployment of back ups, Navigation at night or in low vis, maintaining good buddy contact

Deep Dive- Descent , trim, buoyancy, timed task, deep nav swim using reel and line, Deployment of redundant air source for ascent using deep stops, and don't be surprised at an OOA drill while we are down at 90-100 feet!

Search and Recovery- select method, search for and locate object, secure object to lift bag, move object 75-100 feet horizontally followed by swim to surface with it, then using bag return object to bottom.

Buddy Skills and Assist- buddy positioning while maintaining trim and buoyancy control, buddy breathing swim, buddy assisted 100 foot no mask swim while sharing air, 100 foot no mask swim followed by ascent from 25 foot platform while sharing air, loss of buoyancy assist to surface(maintain buddy at surface while they establish positive buoyancy via oral inflation, dropping of weights, or ditching of gear), rescue tow to shore.

All dives with the exception of the night dive will last 45 minutes to 1 hour. Plan tank requirements accordingly. Average depth save for deep dive will be 25-35 feet. Questions or to sign up call me at 724-255-3765 or email via my website at Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services

Note this is not an AOW tour. You will learn and put in some work to get this card. Prerequisites are min of 10 dives post OW cert and if I don't know you and have reservations as to your skills and experience during our interview you may be asked to do a pool session and perhaps a couple short local dives with me before being allowed to take this class. It will be fun yes but you are not buying a card when you train with me. Training is guaranteed, the card is earned.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom