Tahiti diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allistoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have any experience with the following dive operators
Tikehau Blue Nui in the Tuamotu Islands
Bora Bora Blue Nui in Bora Bora
Ia Ora Diving in Moorea

Any help would be appreciated we are planning a trip in Febuary and I am trying to reseach dive operators.

I've been with the Pearl resort on Moorea and Bora Bora. I think they call it Blue Nui on Bora Bora, not sure what the name of the "shop" was on Moorea.

It was about what I expected: lead dives with same-day-same-ocean instabuddies (though the "we" in your post makes me suggest the later won't apply to you.

The rides out to the Moorea dives were very rough (and very wet, but I didn't care). The dives I did in Bora Bora were inside the lagoon, so it was smooth sailing.

I don't speak French, and while the DM "spoke english," the language barrier didn't seem to pose any problems.

Enjoy! They were beautiful dives.

I don't know the operators you mention, but we dove with Top Dive on Tahiti and in Bora Bora, and I was happy with them in both places (NOT with the Top Dive operation on Moorea, at all, but that's another story). We also dove with Top Dive in Rangiroa and had an utterly fabulous time -- and if you can get up there, I'd highly recommend it. The diving in Rangiroa blew all the other diving on our trip (Northern Cooks, Society, Tuamotos) away.

Be prepared for a lot of dead coral and shark feeding dives everywhere -- but if you really ask to do something else, they can find something else to do. We did shark feeding dives the first day in Tahiti, but the second day we really asked not to do it again, and they took us to a very pretty wall, and then a couple of reasonable wrecks.

We also dove with Top Dive in both Rangiroa and Bora Bora. I would HIGHLY recommend those operations! We stayed at Kia Ora on Rangiroa and at the Bora Bora Dive Resort on Bora Bora. I would give both of them strong recommendations as well.

In Bora Bora I would strongly recommend Bora Diving Center. I Dove there (you can see nice comments of that best dive shop in Bora Bora on tripadvisor). Top Dive doesn't exist anymore in Bora Bora (it has been bought buy Bathy's Diving, but they seem to be newbies in diving !!). With Bora Diving Center we saw : tons of Manta rays, lemon sharks, grey sharks, turtles, baracudas... If you reserve online you get 20 % off (that's what we get in september). Nitrox for free too. Enjoy lucky boy !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom