Cozumel Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lbussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be going to Cozumel the week of Thanksgiving, staying at the Iberostar resort. Does anyone have any pointers for this trip, including who would be the best dive outfitters? Thanks.

Papa Hoggs

Lots of info at the cozumel section:
Cozumel - ScubaBoard

I was with blue carib this past January, great times. It seems like everyone has positive experiences.
Decide if you want larger, or smaller boats (we went 4-8 people), that has a large impact on the type of diving done.
Shore diving can be fantatic, don't over look it.

Do not miss shore diving in the marine park they have (I forgot what it is called). You can take a taxi to get there if you do not rent a car (better do not rent a car there cause their cars are crappy and fall apart). The dive is shallow but they have a little cave and chances are you'll see flying gurnards.

Most resorts on Cozumel are of the "all you can eat and drink" type. Try not to go heavy on food and drinks ;-)

Scuba Diving in Cozumel with Cristina

Nice boat, nice people, and never crowded. Definitely NOT a cattle boat. And usualy the best snacks on a 2 tank boat in all of Cozumel! Last trip with her we had sandwiches with fresh homemade guacamole and fresh pitaya for our surface interval. And everyone knows the next best thing to diving is eating!
So combining the two just cant be beat!

I was with Eagle Ray Divers last july. I booked with them online after conversing through a couple of emails. I had 3 of the best dives I've had in Cozumel (8) with them! Antonio and Chellie and the guys will take great care of you and show you some spectacular sights and critters!
We actually found and captured a Lionfish on our 2nd dive. They took it to the local Marine Authority (the name of the department escapes me). You really cant go wrong diving Cozumel its awesome! Enjoy!

I'll be going to Cozumel the week of Thanksgiving, staying at the Iberostar resort. Does anyone have any pointers for this trip, including who would be the best dive outfitters? Thanks.
There are so many dive ops there and it would be hard to say who is the best......we used to dive with Aqua Safari but this past July we dove with Dive House and were happy with them. They kept the groups small and grouped us with divers with similiar experience. We'll probably dive with them again next spring.

Check out Aldora divers. They used to use steel tanks with loads of air. Even air hogs spend alot of time underwater.

Always ran out of no deco time instead of air.

Check out Aldora divers. They used to use steel tanks with loads of air. Even air hogs spend alot of time underwater.

Always ran out of no deco time instead of air.

I will be bringing a small group there that week, and we will be using Aldora. They can handle every level of diver, but they are great for the advanced diver who would not get the same dive with other operators.

We dove with Aldora Divers last time we were there in 2008. They'll give you 100-HP steel tanks to maximize bottom time. They provided great service and the boats weren't small so the dives were personalized. One of the divers had a masters degree in marine biology and was very knowledgeable about the marine life.

Back
Top Bottom