Diving in Florida in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TayzGpa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A friend and I are wanting to plan trip to Florida to do some diving.
We would like to go around the end of October or first of November and have a few questions.

First, will the water be to cold for a 3 or 5 mil wetsuit?
Second, where would be the best places to dive? We were thinking Ft. Lauderdale or maybe Key West or Miami.
Third are there any dive shops that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

A 3mil should be fine at that time of year. As far as diving goes, what are interested in, wrecks, beach, etc? For dive shops, I primarily use Force-E. They have good service, convenient locations (at least for me) and quality rental gear if you need it.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response.
I'm thinking that we might do beach or reef dives. He also wants to do a night dive.

Add Key Largo "The Dive Capital of the World" to your list and let me know if I can provide any information that would be specific to your needs.

Can anyone advise if early November is a good time to dive in Boca Raton FL. is the viz typically good? What is the water temp at that time of year?

Check out Scuba Fun in Key Largo. They are amazing I dove with them a month ago and did great! I would go back for any FL trip.

In November, the winds can come in SE FL making the seas somewhat unpredictable. The water temperature may also plunge, changing your selection of exposure protection. I dive SE FL year round but have to be flexible in the ability to dive and my exposure protection.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom