What makes a dive boat trip luxurious?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSista

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My friends just got back from Thailand where they told me the crew put their fins on for them before each dive!! This got us to talking about what makes a boat trip feel really luxurious. For me, it's as simple as haivng a towel handy when I get back on the boat, but the discussion made me curious about what other "luxurious" experiences people have had out there!

If dive operators just drive the boat and give a short briefing of the dive site I am happy. Really don't want people "helping" me with my equipment unless I ask. I do appreciate a fun boat with a little music and good humor and maybe a beer on the way home. I can certainly do without the luxury.

:rofl3: maybe next time the crew will breathe the air so they don't have to get wet next time ...give me a break what's next? they hand the toilet paper to the crew ?

My friends just got back from Thailand where they told me the crew put their fins on for them before each dive!! This got us to talking about what makes a boat trip feel really luxurious. For me, it's as simple as haivng a towel handy when I get back on the boat, but the discussion made me curious about what other "luxurious" experiences people have had out there!

• Enough room that I can move around and don't have to spend a 2 hour boat ride sitting in front of my gear.
  • A good ladder that extends into the water far enough that I don't need to climb it to hit the first rung
I don't really like people trying to take my fins on the way up or dress me on the way out.

Terry

Luxury liveaboard ...

Having a maximum of 12 divers on a 115-foot boat. Each diver, or couple, gets their own private stateroom ... some of which are nearly the size of a hotel room ... each with its own private bath/shower.

You wake up in the morning, head upstairs to the galley where there's a coffee machine. You place a cup in the machine, press a button indicating the type of coffee you want, and listen as the machine grinds the beans and brews you a perfect cup of coffee. As you sit at the galley, slowly waking up, sipping on your coffee, a crewmember (in this case a beautiful crew member) brings out a platter of freshly made cinnamon buns. Within a half-hour or so, everyone's up, had their morning coffee, had a continental breakfast (and you've placed your order for your "real" breakfast), and you're off for your first dive of the day.

You slip into your wetsuit, grab your mask, fins and camera, and head off to a RIB ... where the rest of your gear awaits. The RIB is loaded on the main deck and lowered into the water, where the crew disconnects the davit ropes and you head off to a beautiful wall. After the dive the RIB is raised up to the main deck level, you step off, rinse at one of the boat's fresh-water showers (there are four of these on either side of the boat), peel off your wetsuit, and step into the galley ... where you are served the breakfast you ordered before the dive.

After breakfast, you go diving again ... having placed your order for lunch. The process described above is repeated.

After lunch, you go diving again ... having placed your order for dinner. The process is repeated again.

After dinner, you do a night dive.

Between dives and meals you can make use of the boat's spacious camera/recharge facility. Or you can lounge on the upper deck, the galley, or take a nap in your room ... as you please. The only time you need touch your dive gear is when you are getting into it or wearing it on the dive. Otherwise, the crew takes care of everything, including any incidental repairs needed during the trip.

Dive guides are there to show you the site and find local critters for you to take pictures of. Depth limits are reasonable, and time limits are only mildly adhered to (they were set at 70 minutes, but we routinely pushed them to 80) and you are free to follow your own dive plan if that's what you choose to do.

And if four meals a day isn't enough ... coffee, soft drinks, fruit and snacks are available whenever you feel like having them.

This is my idea of a luxurious dive boat trip ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Luxury liveaboard ...

Having a maximum of 12 divers on a 115-foot boat. Each diver, or couple, gets their own private stateroom ... some of which are nearly the size of a hotel room ... each with its own private bath/shower.

Wow, that beats the hell out of my request for a ladder with enough rungs. :D

Terry

Money vs services.

The more I pay, the more amenities I expect.
A truly luxurious trip for me can be a free ride on a local charter.

Not having to stand down wind of the people chuming over the side.

True Lux has the 6 B's is hig quanity and any order I want.

Blond
Bikini
Beach
Beer
Brunet
Burbon (12 year old min)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom