Nikon D300s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarineResearch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I managed to get a Nikon D300s and Ikelite D300 housing in the same room long enough to test the D300 housing on the D300s camera. The good news is that nearly all of the D300s controls are the same as the D300. The semi-bad news is that there are two areas where the cameras differ.

The first area with differences includes the D300s controls for AF Area Mode Selector, and the Live View and Info buttons. The good news is that the two D300 controls for AF Area Mode Selector and the latch for the memory access door allow for the complete function of the three D300s controls.

The bad news is that Nikon slightly moved the multi selector about 1-2 mm lower and to the right. I suspected this problem when I had done a rough measurement from pictures and slipped a poorly constructed part over the inside of the housing multi selector center button control. The multi selector center button worked fine with a slight offset on the inside part of the housing control. Unfortunately, I was asked to leave the store before I could test the effectiveness of my rigged controls on the four outer multi selector buttons. However, I suspect they would have worked as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you manage or hope to do the mods to the housing to allow the D300S to work in the housing?
I have a D300 and a D300S ... and the D300 Ikelite housing. Did you manage to get a fix for the controls?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom