Very cool dive in Austria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COOL. In more ways than one.

Very nice and well edited! I love those kind of relaxing dives!

Carolyn:shark2:

Very nice film. The film maker made you feel that you were a part of the dive. I'm a fan.:popcorn:

The Grüner See is really a neat place to dive: we drove down there a few years ago. (the lake is about 2 hours from Vienna) Its strange to see tire tracks and picnic tables below you. The water is melted snow from the mountains, so its pretty chilly and amazingly clear. My BF had on a dry suit, I had my 7 mm. But for some reason he hadnt closed the zipper securely, so he just about froze. It was a memorable day in more ways than one! :)

I have dived quite a few of the Austrian and Southern German lakes.
In the summer the surface water is warm and the air temp is a very pleasant high 20's C.
The thermo cline is vicious with glacial melt water at 6 to 10 meters.
Visibility was fantastic.
One lovely sunny day we were suiting up getting overheated with thick woolly under suits and inside the dry suits.
One of the group decided that a quick dip in the lake would cool him down. As he sat down a shout of STOP! echoed off the mountain but too late, the zip across the shoulders was wide open and the dry suit instantly filled. The poor guy was stranded unable to stand due to the weight of water inside his suit. Dragged ingloriously feet first into the shallow water then lifted slowly by all four corners to empty, all to the laughter and applause of the beach full of divers.
Happy days with a good bunch of friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom