Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garthak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm looking for some advise on a new Dry Suit. I am new to dry suit diving but not to wrecks. So, I was wondering… what is a good dry Suit that can handle abrasions from wreck penetrations as well as flexibility to allow freedom of movement.

The DUI CF200 is a common choice. It isn't the most flexible suit, but I find much of the time it's the underwear that limits movement more than the drysuit it's self.

For wreck diving, especially for pen, Pinnacle all the way. Not the most flexible suit, but heavy built and almost bullet proof.

DUI CLX450 with Cordura overlay or the 50/50 (CLX top and CF200 bottom). Word of caution, the CLX450 and the CF200material takes 4-8 hours+ to lie out and dry after a dive. My wife's TLS350 dries in less than an hour minus the neoprene feet, but the material does not resist abrasion well.

Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Bare CD4 Pro compresssed neoprene suit. Most of my diving is Great Lakes wreck diving, and my suit is 5 or 6 years old with no problems so far.

I like my Pinnacle Freedom 2....it is front zip for ease of entry and donning and so far pretty durable and easy moving....at least i haven't ripped it yet......but it has stood up to some pretty good hits on a few rocks...

Seattle I assume you're talking about local diving. I'd go with the DUI CF200 or CNSE. They do take a while to dry but they are warm and bullet proof. I did the CNSE with neoprene knees and now I'm diving the CF200 with the kevlar knees, mixed opinion there might go back to neoprene. The zipper is going to wear out before you'll kill the suit, I even did a lot of fishing boat work back in AK when I had my CNSE and it still looked new when I sold it.

Seattle I assume you're talking about local diving. I'd go with the DUI CF200 or CNSE. They do take a while to dry but they are warm and bullet proof. I did the CNSE with neoprene knees and now I'm diving the CF200 with the kevlar knees, mixed opinion there might go back to neoprene. The zipper is going to wear out before you'll kill the suit, I even did a lot of fishing boat work back in AK when I had my CNSE and it still looked new when I sold it.

My CF200se is abt 7 years old. Replaced zipper twice so far, forget how many seal replacements been done.
I feel it is most resistent for wrecks. Although I have managed to put numerous holes in it. You can have leaks fixed professionally, or just grab the Aquaseal.

I'm leaning toward the CF200. I'm not much of a local diver here in Seattle, I'm only here visiting family then it's off to Florida for CCR Inst. training and then off to S.E.A. to hit some serious bottom time on some deep wrecks.

Thanks to all you guys for your input. It has been very useful. But one more question... What do you think about the CF200's zip seals (neck and cuff)? I've heard good and bad things about them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom