Sherwood Wisdom Dive Log problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hunter_williams

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hopefully the Sherwood rep reads this! (hint hint)

I have just completed two dives today (26 Sept 2009). The first being a wreck dive to a max depth of 28.4m for approx 24mins.

My second dive was to a depth of 20.8m for approx 44mins.

My Wisdom II has logged the 2nd dive no problem - it includes the time in and out of the water, max depth and bar left at the end of the dive.

My first dive however comes up reading strange. When accessed through the Log screen (dive 1) I notice the 'mode' switches from AIR to GAUGE, and instead of the date reads 15.31 - on the second screen (scr1) the temp states 35 degrees celcius, and time (surface) says 2:7. The total minutes is replaced with dashes and the bar reading (yes BAR) it says 352.0

One scr2 it says time in and out as being 2785, and at the very bottom of the screen reads outr.

I have no idea what is going on especially considering my second dive logged perfectly fine. On the history screen it has registered my max depth as being 28.4m (which is correct).

Can anyone shed some light on this please? I am one of those persons who likes to have his dives logged pretty much perfectly - so of course this is frustrating the hell out of me. I cannot find anything on the net regarding this, and seeing as its a weekend in NZ I cannot call my LDS as they are shut.

HELP!

I'm not the Sherwood rep but I have the Wisdom 2 and had nothing like this. Maybe there was something stuck or clogged on the first dive. Got some dirt or lube in the thing. If the shop had it out as a showroom floor model then repackaged it, it could of been placed in something on a bench or a kid in the shop goobered it.

After the first dive, the water and depth clean the thing out and now it works fine. This is just a guess.

I'd strap on my dive watch, get out my tables and go dive with the thing a few more times. Rely on the tables and check to see if anything goes wrong with the computer again. Hopefully the Sherwood rep will get back to you or the shop will have a better answer. Mean while, keep diving. If it keeps working, no worries.

It was the floor model, and to my knowledge was given a good looking over (I stood there and waited) by the LDS owner/sales person.

I had already logged 6 dives with it and it had worked and logged perfectly fine.

During this particular dive the computer worked as it should have, it just didn't log!

I managed to find another post regarding a similar problem, but alas no one responded (not even the Sherwood rep).... but I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom