subtropic dive center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some love them, some don't. But everyone has an opinion. Tell us yours on Tuesday. They have some great DM's.

I have always had a good experience with them

anybody have any experience with this company? I set up to go with them on 2 reek dives monday afternoon.I picked them for their price and variety of dive sites.

Edit: this is in Key West

I dove with them for a double-dip of the Vandenburg in June. My only complaint was that they stopped to gas up the boat on the way out. I felt that should have been done before we got on board. Other than that I had a great time on board. They have a good crew.

As a shop, they seemed pretty good. Laid back but not too laid back. Only issue I had was being able to get full fills for my HP tanks. Part of that was due to some construction next door and Subtropic being safe enough *not* to run their compressor when the dudes next door were spraying stucco and paint in the air.

Never been out on their boat. Post a trip report here and let us know would you?

I've been out with a Subtropic charter once- I believe it was on Easter this year.
Decent dive operation, a DM was on the boat, but did not dive with us. They don't baby you unless you ask for it.
I'd use them again.

I have always had a good experience with them

Me too. I'd use them again.

I dove with them for a double-dip of the Vandenburg in June. My only complaint was that they stopped to gas up the boat on the way out. I felt that should have been done before we got on board. Other than that I had a great time on board. They have a good crew.

hmmm.... I'd have to agree with you on that.

customers shouldn't have to ride to the fuel dock and wait on them to fuel. :shakehead:

should have been done long before you ever got on board.

Dove with them fairly recently. I had no problems with them and had a great diving experience. However, my buddy received two tanks one of which was only filled to 2700psi and the other was filled to 2600psi.

Dove with them fairly recently. I had no problems with them and had a great diving experience. However, my buddy received two tanks one of which was only filled to 2700psi and the other was filled to 2600psi.

well after my last trip (not with subtropic), I think I'm going to take my "tank checker" for use anywhere I have to get my tanks filled and I'm not there, or use rental tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom