Nikonos III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leeand

New
Reaction score
I am new to underwater photography as well as to this forum. Recently I bought a Nikonos III from ebay and 2 strobes. I tried to find a manual for the camera on the net, because I want to know, up to what shutter speed ( exposition time) does the Nikonos synchronize with the flashes? Interpreting the coloured values on top of the camera, I guess it is true for 1/60?

Instead of getting the manual for the camera, I'd get these two books. They are really good and give you lots of information on using the Nik under different conditions, settings, different riggings, setting up shots etc. Both should be pretty easy to find internationally. If not, I know you can find them on amazon.com.

Essential Guide to Nikonos (Jim Church)
Essential Guide to Composition (Jim Church)

Hello,

Some quick tidbits about the Nik III.

viewfinder is for 35mm and 80mm lens.

shutter vertical travel (downward) focal-plane type; speeds from 1/30 to 1/500 and "B" bulb.

flash sync is direct when using the nik III u/w flash; manual with others, via sync cord.
M and MF bulbs: 1/30 sec
FP bulbs: 1/500 - 1/60 sec
speedlights: 1/60, 1/30 sec and "B"

Hope this helps.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom