Twins on Transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackstars

Reaction score
Has anyone tried twins on the Diverite Transpac II? The Transpac II needs only a pair of Stabilizing Plates to fix up twins... but somehow it sounds to me a rather "weak" joint... so I'm wondering between backplate + harness(cost another bomb) and my present Transpac II(just a few more bucks for the Stabilizing Plates)...

Hi blackstars,
i have been diving the TPII + Rec wing with twin steel tanks.
i have one set of twin 7ltr's and a set of 10ltr's both are banded and manifolded. I first bought the stabalizing plates but they seemed a strange and hard way of fixing them on (never used in end) i then bought the DR double cam band and for the 7's it was better than singles( no pony) and extremly stable fit and sat beautifully on my back .i have only dived 3 times with the 10's now and they seem stable and so far ok but i am having a small issue with the weight of these things ,I am sure a back plate would be a lot stiffer but with the bands they all feel stable to me .I am no expert and this is my own personal opinion.

Regards,

MAL..

Back
Top Bottom