JET Fin or Turtle Fin sizing on XL Turbo Sole 11.5-12 street shoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowtieman427

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Will be getting an XL TLS 350 with XL Turbo Sole. I am size 11.5 - 12 ussually in wide street shoe. Was curious if any idea on size Turtle or Jet fin I will need to get ? I would perfer Jet fins but I understand they may not run big enough. Will be useing DUI 300 sock and with wigam hiker wool sock.
Please let me know what size you use if you are close to my size and if possible the best places to get them.
thanks in advance

Will be getting an XL TLS 350 with XL Turbo Sole. I am size 11.5 - 12 ussually in wide street shoe. Was curious if any idea on size Turtle or Jet fin I will need to get ? I would perfer Jet fins but I understand they may not run big enough. Will be useing DUI 300 sock and with wigam hiker wool sock.
Please let me know what size you use if you are close to my size and if possible the best places to get them.
thanks in advance

I have and use the TLS 350 With the DUI rock boots, I am also size 11.5-12 Street shoes, Jet fin's biggest pocket was not big enough, I had to go with the turtles XL pocket, I will say I am glad I did , I love em and won't use anything else!

I also could not fit a size 10 EVO3 boot into the XL Jet, and the XXL was too big (but makes a nice dive gear box). I ended up with a pair of XL OMS slipstreams. They swim like jests but are about half the weight - they are essentially a monoprene version of the jet fin fin with otherwise identical design.

from expereance the best thing to do is to put everything you are going to wear and try on the fin. this was also the tip from the OMS rep when i was looking at fins to use with my drysuit boots

Sadly there is no LDS near me. I called one 60 miles away that actualy carry OMS but do not have the OMS Slipstream in stock. I am thinking of getting XXL OMS Slipstreams from a poster on this board. I hope the XXLs will work. thanks all.

Got the XXL OMS Slipstreams. Did not put the spring straps on yet. The fins had rubber/plastic insert in the pocket that is comes out quite easy. I tried them on with the inserts IN and they fit good. Then tried them with the inserts OUT and they were a little to wide and high. My other fins did not have an insert.

Question:
Would it be an issue diving with the inserts in ? If it is NOT an issue is there a way to affix them so they do not get lost when taking them off ?
I see the inserts getting lost while taking them off in a lake.
thanks in advance.

Got the XXL OMS Slipstreams. Did not put the spring straps on yet. The fins had rubber/plastic insert in the pocket that is comes out quite easy. I tried them on with the inserts IN and they fit good. Then tried them with the inserts OUT and they were a little to wide and high. My other fins did not have an insert.

Question:
Would it be an issue diving with the inserts in ? If it is NOT an issue is there a way to affix them so they do not get lost when taking them off ?
I see the inserts getting lost while taking them off in a lake.
thanks in advance.

Those insert as used during shipping to prevent the pockets from being crushed. If I had to modify it, I would use rubber cement + a thin piece of rubber to line the pocket.

Slightly off topic, but on Turtles are the sizes actually written or molded on the fin somewhere? I picked up a used pair and wasn't sure if the markings had just worn off. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom