Ikelite RCD case lock O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davros

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

My Ikelite RCD is about 15 years old. Great light which has served me well. Thanks Ikelite! :D

After a few years of non use, I am servicing all of my gear to get back into diving. The case lock O-Ring on my RCD torch is a little hard, and I want to replace before taking it to depth. The original equipment o-ring is not circular in cross section.... rather it is somewhat flat, and has ribs molded into it. Can I use a regular o-ring of correct diameter, or is an OEM o-ring available for this light?

Thanks all, and have a good day. :) :)

You could order the #0100 x-ring for the toggle shaft through a dealer. However it is very difficult to replace correctly on that shaft. We have a special tool and fixture to do that in production.

Correction 10/8/09: The correct shaft x-ring is #0113.

If you already have the shaft out of the light (which is also difficult to do), I would suggest putting some Ikelite lubricant on the original x-ring and reinstalling it.

The replacement main body o-ring on the RCD light is #0123.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that.
I have made an enquiry with a supplier for the specific o-rings as per part numbers you supplied.

Thanks again. :)

Thanks very much for that.
I have made an enquiry with a supplier for the specific o-rings as per part numbers you supplied.

Thanks again. :)

I suspect those are Ikelite part numbers and not standard o-ring numbers that would be usable for ordering o-rings from dealers other than Ikelite.

Well I ordered two o-rings from a dealer, and they arrived a few days ago. It seems that that the part # 0100 may not be correct, as the o-rings that turned up are too big. I am not up on Ikelite part #nomenclature, so it is possible I have received the incorrect part. :depressed:
Here is a scan of the packs received.

I am off the the hardware shop now to see if I can get a standard o-ring to do the job. I hope a standard circular section o-ring will work.

Attachments

• o-ring.jpg
    o-ring.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 49
I sincerely apologize but the correct x-ring is #0113 and not #0100. I would be glad to put a couple in an envelope to you if you'd like to PM your mailing address.

A correctly sized o-ring doesn't provide as much sealing surface but should work in its place.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

sincerely apologize but the correct x-ring is #0113 and not #0100.

No need to apologize Jean. Everyopne here are very lucky here to have your input and expertise.

I had no luck sourcing an acceptable circular section o-ring, so contacted the dealer that I sourced from last time. They are awaiting more stock....... so, I would like to take you up on your offer.

Thank you very much. :)

PM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom