Beneath The Red Sea In Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just came back from a liveaboard free diving trip put on by Freediving Instructors International. Captured some interesting images.

Lots more photos in high resolution in larger format at: Beneath The Red Sea In Photos - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

0_sun_IMG_4595.thumb.jpg
flame_fish_IMG_5364.thumb.jpg
Anem_s_IMG_5767.thumb.jpg

tridacna.thumb.jpg
solo_IMG_5864.thumb.jpg
filter_IMG_5822.thumb.jpg

You are welcome, you live in a beautiful place! Just put up the first of several videos dealing with various topics and UW destinations over there. This one is a bit out of the ordinary but does include some bizarre perspectives and sounds. The Dive Sled - FII Red Sea Safari Video - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Wow great pix!!!! What camera system do you use

Beautiful photos!

Can't wait to dive the red sea.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks folks! I was using a small camera without strobe (Canon G9) to reduce drag while free diving. There are a lot of nice corals in the Red Sea to be sure. Hope to nail some unusual shark feeding behavior shots this weekend. See you on Monday.

A few more, these are from reefs off Hurghada. Despite being in the north, more
crowed and developed area, the corals look very good. At least once you move away from the normal tie up spot.

Isoft_corals_MG_6260.thumb.jpg
soft_IMG_6267.thumb.jpg
fish.thumb.jpg

turtle_IMG_6270.thumb.jpg
reefs_IMG_6226.thumb.jpg

The Reef. Takes me back, when I was a kid, impeccable reefs, overseas anyway, were commonplace. Not so much anymore, still you can see some mighty fine healthy corals in places here.

Full sized images at:
Something Rich And Strange ... Diving Tales From The Water Underworld - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Back
Top Bottom