Some Dahab pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Got round to editing some photos from last few months and put some here:

Blue spotted ray

Blue Spotted ray

Standard anenomefish shot everyone takes

Another anenomefish

...and another

Giant puffer

Giant puffer

Lionfish

Outer wall of blue hole

Divers on the saddle leading into the blue hole

EOS 450D/Ikelite housing with old ikelite substrobe 100A for those. My compact A620 drowned in July.

10mm lens. Although im using the 18-55 more often now. Wide is nice for reef shots but for stingray, anenomefish and all the others i really do need more zoom.

Great quality photo's. You have enhanced them with software nicely and so my question is which software and is it easy to use. (I'm considering buying one of the Adobe Photoshop downloads - any advice or thoughts). I would add that I was in Dahab on clean up day 2 weeks ago- the beach between eel garden and lighthouse was a filthy disgrace-any thoughts on why there's so much rubbish everywhere and especially on the beach?.

nice shots. Are those filtered with some software or are they raw. The reason why im asking is because my shots always end up with too much blue and not crystal clear as some of you guys. Im wondering if im missing a step to make them clearer.

thanks

If shot in RAW then they can be edited with something like Photoshop or Lightroom and many camera software that comes with them looks great.

Otherwise you should take the time to read up on "White Balance". That will help correct the blue out of the photos.

Nice shots! I thought I had seen a big puffer fish before...not even close. Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

If shot in RAW then they can be edited with something like Photoshop or Lightroom and many camera software that comes with them looks great.

Otherwise you should take the time to read up on "White Balance". That will help correct the blue out of the photos.

Nice shots! I thought I had seen a big puffer fish before...not even close. Thanks for sharing your pictures :)

thanks. thats what i thaught....Lightroom. Unfortunately, i didnt shot with raw enabled for my last trip but i most definetely will next time. Stupid me.

thanks. thats what i thaught....Lightroom. Unfortunately, i didnt shot with raw enabled for my last trip but i most definetely will next time. Stupid me.

You can still clean them up with a photo editor. Just adjust the levels until it looks good.

Alcina has some excellent information here.

Get the blue out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom