Dork Diver Safety Stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaduced

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a couple of Dork Divers having fun with snorkel drills on a safety stop. :dork2: How much fun was your last dive?

Attachments

• SnorkelDrill (Small).JPG
    SnorkelDrill (Small).JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
I can't help it, all I can think about is this:

(Specifically, right about the two-minute mark.)

(Specifically, right about the two-minute mark.)

Yep, that would be me on the left... :D

I found when drawing a snorkel to defend yourself, done poorly, you get to do a mask clearing drill, too.

I knew snorkels were good for something!

"A submarine snorkel is a device that allows a submarine to operate submerged while still taking in air from above the surface. It was invented by the Dutch shortly before World War II and copied by the Germans during the war for use by U-Boats. "

DC

Foldable snorkels are for slashing-type attacks on boat rides and during surface intervals. On the other hand, they put you at a significant disadvantage at thrusting/stabbing attacks, which are significantly more useful underwater (where a slashing attack would be rendered ineffective by the water's drag).

I think I'll have to recommend carrying one of each and learning when and how to use each effectively. (Above the surface, a slashing attack with the mouthpiece end of a folding snorkel can redirect a thrusting attack by a non-folding snorkel and, if done effectively, even disarm the opponent.)

"A submarine snorkel is a device that allows a submarine to operate submerged while still taking in air from above the surface. It was invented by the Dutch shortly before World War II and copied by the Germans during the war for use by U-Boats. "
DC

The Polish navy also copied the Germans, but they could never make one long enough to be effective when the sub had to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom