Diving in the south shore of montreal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nordiques

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know of any interesting dive spots on the south shore of montreal?
I know about the kahnawake quarry that reopened this summer by the help of Total Diving, but is there others?
I've heard of diving near the Boucherville Islands but lets face it... with all that current, doesn't seem like an interesting dive
any ideas, location?
Marc

There's some stuff at St-Timothee (Neptune: plonger au Québec, Parc des Îles de St-Timothée) haven't been there yet so I don't know if it's interesting, it's still 1 hour from Montreal (you can get to Lock 21 in 1h30...). There's also Pointe des Cascades (Neptune: plonger au Québec, Pointe-des-Cascades) it's not south shore but it's reasonably close to Montreal. It's not a very interesting site, unless you've got a phd in mudology ; )

Me & my buddy have been looking for a nearby site to do night dives during the week, but so far the quarry seems to be the best option in the sense that it seems worth diving and it's not too far. We haven't tried it yet since we were just recently informed it was reopened and it's only opened one night per week. But it seems like the best choice for a quick dive without having to drive too much.

Hadn't heard about Boucherville... oh wait... isn't listed as drift dive you must do with a boat?...ah.... Neptune: plonger au Québec, Îles de Boucherville .... have you heard about sites on the island where you can dive it from the shore without a boat?

Last edited:
The kahnawake is opened tuesday nights and practically every week-end and its a good dive place, good viz and all.
Yes Boucherville is a drift dive with a boat following but i've seen people dive from the shore near the small Marina but not sure if its worth the risk with the current and boat traffic.
Thanks for the Pointes des Cascades, i'll sure try to go out there one day
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom