Water Temperatures Drops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last year has been very warm and this year seems to be on the cold but what I have noticed is that the temperatures are suddenly changing in a very short time compared to the past.
All of a sudden it went up from 27 to 29 in August and at the same pace dropped back to 27 in the space of a week early September here in Sharm
Likewise in Spring it kept 23 until then going very quickly through 24 till 25
Have other fellow pro or resident divers in Sharm and other areas of the red sea notice the same?

I used to get great information from Samaka website on sea temperatures for what concerns wet suit but seems like there is no time to get into a semidry you go from 5 mm right into a dry suit otherwise you quickly make your life a misery

Is this just Sharm or same applies elsewhere?

Compared to last year definitely but not very different from 3 or 4 years ago I think.
It just seems that the changes are more sudden or is just my impression?

Yeah mate... I've felt the same and just the other day I was talking with some friends around here in Hurghada that said the same... It's one of those Four-Year-Cycle thingies... This year has definitely been that year in many ways.

...a...

Gone from 29c to 25c here in about 3 weeks.
My drysuit is arriving soon (and not soon enough!)

Yeah mate... I've felt the same and just the other day I was talking with some friends around here in Hurghada that said the same... It's one of those Four-Year-Cycle thingies... This year has definitely been that year in many ways.

...a...

Men have you sorted out your web site yet?
That was the most useful piece of information on the web.. well at least south of El Ghouha!

Joke

I think we should start a project to submit data on a monthly basis from the various places to build the definitive wetsuit suggestion guide

Back
Top Bottom