Question on short port adapters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Ikelite,

The web page for the Flip Ultra HD housing says the following: "Attach 67mm threaded #6420 Ikelite W-20, Inon Type II, and Epoque lenses using the #9306.78 Port Adapter."

But if you go to the W-20 or port adapter pages, it says: "The 67mm threaded lens attaches to compatible digital housings, video housings and the #9306.81 Wide-Angle Adapter."

The 9306.78 isn't mentioned anywhere else and doesn't show up as an available port adapter, but both the 9306.78 and 9306.81 are described as 67mm threaded port adapters.

Is this a typo, are the .81 and .78 exchangeable with each other, or is the .78 a special adapter that I need to ask for specifically to use with the Ultra HD housing?

Thanks!

Sorry, I can see where that would be a bit confusing. The #9306.78 is not interchangeable with the #9306.81 adapter. The #9306.78 is required for the Flip Ultra housing and some ULTRAcompact housings for Olympus cameras which feature a shorter lens port.

I'll try to get the website info updated as soon as possible to clarify this.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Glad I asked, and thanks for the quick response!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom