Finding Nessie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rupert Vidion

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

Anybody dived Loch Ness. Work has sent me to Caithness and I thought, while I am in the area, why not dive in possibly the most famous body of fresh water in the world.

Anybody dived Loch Ness? Anybody in the area who fancies giving it a go?

Rupert

There is a small thread about it here: Loch Ness [Archive] - ScubaBoard - perhaps you can PM the intrepid folk that shared their Loch Ness diving experiences on the thread and get more information. There is also a funky and fairly recent thread on a Scottish scuba message board (http://www.congeralley.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3998) that mentions other interesting dive sites near Loch Ness (as well as all sorts of weird and wonderful ways to get yourself an air fill!). The posters sound like a wonderful cast of characters - perhaps some private messages to them may be in order, too? Either way, diving in the Highlands sounds like an absolute rush! Wish I'd been old enough to dive when I lived near there...

If s/he's a fan of yellow I'm OK, through a series of unfortunate events all of my gear adheres to DIR rule no. 6.

Give Don Lees a ring, though he's not doing much diving these days he's got a fab file full of hand drawn maps and directions for dive sites throughout Scotland gathered over 30 years. He should be able to point you in the direction of likely characters who are in the area - and he's alwmost certainly dived there himself
Aberdeen Watersports use it for training occasionally, though usually for deeper stuff when the weather is really yuk ( like tomorrow :)!)

Fi

ps - 10am Wick maraina Sunday, forgot to say - there's 6 poss 7 of us - weather is sposed to blow through by then. ? Night dive Monday after work - site N or E coast dependant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom