Pro V8 Flexible Arm to Flexible!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrossel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi guys,

I just bring a brand new Pro V8 Led, with the Flex Mount Ball w/ Extended Stem.

I tried it this friday in a dive, but I notice that the flex arm is too flexible. The Pro V8 didn't keep its position... and it was a real problem to keep it aimed to the subjects.

Do you know any way to make it more tight?

I have used the flex arm and Pro-V8 extensively and have not experienced any problems with it being too loose. Is there a particular part of the arm that seems to have too much give? Such as where it attaches to the ball with stem, or in the middle of the arm?

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

The loosest part is in the middle, there are at least 4 segments in the middle that can't hold the position underwater.

I have a picture of how I installed it in the housing

dsc00015ja.jpg

All the PVC fitting is really fixed and glued, with no movement at all.

Not knowing the diameter of the arm which is "loose" ,I would try heat shrink tubing over the entire arm .You can get heat shrink tubing for sizes up to 1+ inch in diameter.The heat shrink tubing will stabilize the loose parts and is slightly flexible.If it does not work you can just remove it or if you need the arm to be stiffer just add another piece over it.All you need is a hair dryer to "shrink" the tubing.

Thanks for the tip EastEndDiver and Jean.

Before to bother my friends of Marensepia, I'll try the hair dryer method.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom