Nekton Rorqual - Mona Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elbee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone done the Mona Island Itinerary? I was on the Rorqual in July and wasn't too happy with the condition of the Rorqual...etc. But the price for the Mona Trip is tempting! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I wish it was on the Pilot because it seems that most dissatisfaction is on the Rorqual.:(
Thanks,
Lori Beth:D

I have not done the Mona Island itinerary, but 2 of the crew members on the Rorqual last week were raving about that itinerary. And if you are refering to the $1195 special in November I would think it to be well worth that from what the crew members told us. If I had not just gotten off the boat last week I would think about going myself. I am hoping they will send out some more specials for a little latter on.

From what the crew members told me it is a little rougher seas there so getting out of the water and back onto the boat is a little harder. I believe they said they actually have a crew member or two in the water assisting people onto the boat as well as the crew member at the top of the ladder. But supposedly the reefs are in better shape there and you will see bigger marine life there than in some of the immediate surrounding areas.

Also take your dramamine. The crossing to Mona is supposed to be pretty rough.

Back
Top Bottom