A New House for Uncle Pug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
The bottom has been painted with antifouling and the house has receive its base coat but the hull has yet to be painted.

Sorry folks... but it won't be Avalon Pier Green.... rather it will be Foss Tug green. Oh well.

Shane is making window frames out of welded aluminum that look like they belong on a battle tank.

The house really doesn't take up any more room but the way Shane built it there will be four bunks forward and the helm station/seating area is bigger too. I don't know how he did that.

The two port hole windows in the hull have been plugged and glassed as was the scupper where the house meets the wetdeck. That scupper has been relocated aft a few feet.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
...Sorry folks... but it won't be Avalon Pier Green.... rather it will be Foss Tug green. Oh well...

When in Rome...

:)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Shane is making window frames out of welded aluminum that look like they belong on a battle tank.

I think you guys should mount a cannon on the front of the boat to display your diveflag from while you guys are out at sea.

How does the tarp attach to the boat out in the sound? I'm surprised you didn't use a blue tarp, they're in right now. I use them on my 12' trailer out here in Moses Lake. In fact, I have a patio, when the wind's not blowing too hard.

What is the ETA for sea trials?

The house really doesn't take up any more room but the way Shane built it there will be four bunks forward and the helm station/seating area is bigger too. I don't know how he did that.
So Uncle Pug the boat is now a liveaboard! Can we expect to see a Deception Pass Aggressor in the future?? Do you provide reef hooks?

looks great pug!

I have always been partial to the forward-slanting windows like that! It's what I'm planning (plotting?) for mine as well.

what are the dimensions of the boat? and how many divers can you comfortably take on her?

Shane and Robin are working really hard every spare minute to get this thing done and back in the water. I talked with Shane on the phone this afternoon and he was sounding excited about how much light he sees at the end of the tunnel.

I expect that it will be ready for the water in 2~3 weeks.

UP is 28'x10' with a 2.5' glavanized steel swim grid extension & ladder. With the tank rack/donning station (which will be lower than before) it can handle four doubles divers with deco bottles & scooters or six singles divers with ease... plus a skipper and deckhand for live boating... if we anchor the skipper and the deckhand can go diving too! :D

We will be trying out a new prop to see if we can gain a little more speed while at the same time dropping the RPMs... the 6cyl Izuzu is only suppose to make 2800 and we can run it up over 3200 with the 14X14 wheel that is on it. We will be trying a 16X16 wheel to see what happens and probably need to have it re-pitched to a 16X14

Back
Top Bottom