funniest thing seen diving????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lordoftheOrings

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
whats your funniest thing you ve seen whille on a dive trip??

mine was the other week when my close friend he was givving crap about not wanting to do a fancy giant stride while going off a warf about 1 1/2m off the water....he likes to show off while leaping in....upon entrance he kicked his leg with his finn and face planted in the water ......i still havnt stopped teasing him it was by far the funniest thing ive seen in a while

We were doing a dive off Commerical Blvd. My buddy found a very large bra. He didn't show it to me until he had it on his chest. Funny, he refused to take it home to show his wife.....

I saw JBD dive.:D

One visual that brought a grin (leer?) to the people in our group occurred while returning to the exit point of a dive. We were at about 10' deep, following along/below the drop off (from 5' to 20' deep) that marked end of the swimming area for the hotel's beach. (The drop off was marked on the surface by a moored (?)float line.)
What we saw was a young couple floating on the line, and getting .. um.. "very well acquainted" with each other below the water, and below the waist.
I guess they were to preoccupied to notice our bubbles.

Mike

I was diving with a friend off West Caicos. It was his second or third open water dive and he was a nervous nellie. I positioned myself about three feet over his head and just shadowed him. In about thirty seconds he started frantically looking around for me. As his head was whipsawing from side to side I reached down and scratched the top of his head. He freaked. I thought this was very funny. The look on his face when he looked up was priceless.

Another instructor told me a diver was wearing a "farmer john" style 2-piece wetsuit with a "beaver tail"....for those of you unfamiliar with it, it has a "tail" that hangs down from the back of the jacket, wraps around from below and is attached to the FRONT of the jacket via clips. Anyhow, this guy was sitting on a rail on the boat, and looped the beaver tail AROUND the rail prior to doing his sitting back entry....which turned out to be a "hanging upside down from the rail-entry" instead. They had to cut him loose. Working in Guam, I'm unlikely to see a farmer john wetsuit...this probably occurred in Japan.
As for something I saw personally....too numerous to list here, but one that comes to mind...I saw a diver going down a descent line with 1) octopus instead of primary (no big deal) 2) the octopus was upside down (one tends to "gurgle" in a lot of water that way) and, best of all, 3) the octopus was still ATTACHED to its little snorkel keeper-type holder....so the diver had to keep her head contorted & twisted almost down to her chest in order to keep the regulator in her mouth.

seeing a diver do a backwards roll while he is still attached to the rail would definately make me loose it ......when he was cut free he would of fell pretty hard...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom