Sunday November 8th - Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, people
I´ll be in a bussiness trip in Miami arriving on Saturday 7th. I have the Sunday free and I would like to dive there.
Can any one recomend a dive shop in the proximity of Miami Beach.

For the diving, I'd suggest NOT using the operator that Florida Frogman uses (Divers Paradise) and use RJ Diving instead.

There's a shop next to RJ's boat called Tarpoon Lagoon that's been in business since the 50's and run by the Kevorkian family.

Unless you're looking to buy gear to bring home to AR, you can rent all needed gear directly from RJ.

If you're buying gear to bring home to AR, I'll suggest checking out Austin's Dive Center as they have the best prices. I see lot's of folks from South America that fly to Miami just to purchase gear at Austin's to bring back home.

Hi deepstops :

Thanks for the comments. I have already contacted them.

Well, the day come, together with hurricane IDA near FL. All diving activities were suspended for that day and the followings.
As I arrived on Saturday 7th and left Miami today, I could not dive.
No one can imagine how upset I am. Weather is something not under our control.
I understand that this dates are near the hurricane time frame, but the original trip reason, a Telecom Conference was on these dates.

Bummer dude, I'm sorry too. If it's any consolation, it does sound like you were sent here for work and at least didn't have a vacation ruined. Come back and dive with us another time...this time of year the weather is too unpredictable; June through August is usually nicer.

Well, the day come, together with hurricane IDA near FL. All diving activities were suspended for that day and the followings.
As I arrived on Saturday 7th and left Miami today, I could not dive.
No one can imagine how upset I am. Weather is something not under our control.
I understand that this dates are near the hurricane time frame, but the original trip reason, a Telecom Conference was on these dates.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about the dive. We went with RJ's on Saturday, water was nice but vis was about 2', we jumped in and jumped out. Couldn't see your hand on the line!!! Oh well, will just have to dive another day . . . . Hopefully we'll catch you on the next trip.

Hi LJMongy :

Thanks for your details. I was also upset because I was in the Telecom Conference on Tuesday and I thought that I could be diving, but your saturday was 14th and visibility was very poor.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom