Required Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mathauck0814

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Vermont, California, Australia and the Upper Keys
So, I picked up the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving to read on a long flight on the recommendation of a friend and it piqued my interests. What other books go into detail on dive theory that I should be reading? I had looked up the US Navy Diver Manual, but that appears to be out of print (am I mistaken?)

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide.

If you ever need to fly around the world a couple times, you could go for the NOAA Diving Manual.

The US Navy Dive Manual can be down loaded for free. I also recommend the NOAA Diving Manual, I'd skip the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving.

Diving Physiology in Plain English, Jolie Bookspan,PH.D

Deco For Divers by Mark Powell.

I second on "Deco for Divers," I am reading it now and it is a great that explained a lot about the physiology of diving and answered questions that I had nut was unable to get clear answers to. Great Book!

Third on 'deco for divers' !
The GUE Rec1 book (actually a PDF), is good manual.
In a totally different style, I recommend 'The Art of Diving' - mostly for the photos.

At the risk of it getting boring, definitely 'Deco for Divers'... 'Deeper into Diving' by John Lippman is pretty good, too.

Grae

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom