Dive Shop Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I see a few threads on (area) dive shop reviews, but check out this review spot on Divetime.com:

8269 Scuba Diving Shops : Local Dive Shop Reviews : Divetime.com

What a great idea! plug in the city and country, and find diveshops! A lot like trip advisor, but more focused on what is important!

I don't think this is advertising, is it? I'm just sharing what may become a great utility!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the info does not seem to be up to date.

Some of the info does not seem to be up to date.

Well, it's new . . . I gues it is up to us to update it!

:crying2:

No one else thinks this is a good idea?

I write a lot of reviews for tripadvisor... I do so because I find it an interesting resource but I also find that the site has a very high signal-to-noise ratio.

What I mean is this: I find that the ratings on the sight are skewed towards the negative, because people who have had bad experiences with a hotel (for example) are much more likely to review that hotel out of anger than those who have had good experiences are...

When I see somebody bashing a hotel, I always check out what other reviews they have done. Often, the only reviews they ever make on tripadvisor are the strongly negative ones.

When I do a review, I am careful to state that I review ALL the hotels I stay in, good or bad.

I like the idea of review sites, personally... but I always take them with a grain of salt.

II like the idea of review sites, personally... but I always take them with a grain of salt.

Good for you! I rate a lot, also, both ways.

However, web sites always give the best . . . so trip advisor and other review sites give you the 'what to watch out for' side.

Thx!

Nice idea, but DiveTime is not alone in their effort. Some examples of their competition:
DivingObsession.com - Search Dive Operators
Dive Shops.com - Dive Shops

The sites all seem to be in their infancy. Someone has populated them with names and locations of dive shops around the world waiting for reviews.

There may be potential, but only time will tell if the idea takes off, and who will capture the bulk of the "market".

Back
Top Bottom