Suggestions for diving in the Keys this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jandee

Contributor
Reaction score
Waterford,Wi, about 25 miles from the Milwaukee Ha
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm going to the Keys this Wed with my husband and we each want to dive 4 tanks on Thurs and Fri and a 2 tank morning dive on Sat morning. I've dove with Ocean Divers in Key Largo many times and just wanted to try some place else. I was thinking of Key Dives in Islamorada or Captain Hooks in Marathon. My biggest concern is that I book with a shop and they cancel at the last minute because they don't have enough divers on the boat. We will be driving from Miami Airport so I don't want to go much further. Any suggestions?

I dove the Eagle shipwreck in Islamorada. It was pretty cool. HUGE tarpon. I like the reefs in Key Largo. Molassas, Wench, French, and the Bentwood. 40 feet deep with lots of fish and reef structure. We used Rainbow Reef Scuba. They had three boats, maxed out with people(everyday), a couple of months ago. Ocean Divers is only 50 yards away. In fact there are a half dozen scuba operations right there together with their boats docked within eyesight of each other. I dont see how you can miss getting a boat.

As an alternative, fly into Key West and dive with Mel Fishers group. Dive on the Atocha and bring home gold, silver, or emeralds. Just an idea.

Al Roker dives for treasure

Here is something to fit your style, and we already have enough on the trip to go, if you're into wrecks.... Dive The Wrecks Of The Florida Keys

Key Dives has a very nice web site. If they put that type of effort into their diving it should be nice. Islamorada is a nice location- Davis reef, Hens and Chicken, Eagle wreck. Please post a review if you use Key Dives. I have been interested in them.

Call Silent World if they are going up to Carysfort on Saturday that is a must . If the winds are over 12 knots I would call Brenda at Conch Republic a better choice than Keys Diving IMHO. They will treat you right. Try a drift dive on Conch wall or the outside of Mo'. If you want a personalized experience go with Jeff and the HMS Minnow. You can pick the sites with Captain Jeff's help. Don't bother with the run drive past Tavernier for diving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom