Single Diver Christmas on a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

angycoleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for recommendations for a liveaboard at Christmas. I am based in the middle of the states but have about 12 days so could get most places. I am thinking a liveaboard somewhere hot

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!:D

I've been on many liveaboards, but none rival the times I've had on Blackbeards.

Admittedly, I haven't gone with them since they became based out of Nassau, Bahamas...But when they were based out of Miami, FL it was a blast. The friends I met on my first trip with them I've still kept. In fact, we booked a trip together a couple of years later.

Give them a lookup...If it's still anything like it was, you'll have some fun dive time and fun out of water time (the crew and us all got drunk together :)...and oh yeah...my wife stapled her underwear on the ceiling of the "End of the World" bar in Bimini...which I've heard has since burned down).

http://www.blackbeard-cruises.com/

Last edited:
Looking for recommendations for a liveaboard...

What happened to/on your October Black Beard trip? Did that fall through?

Looking for recommendations for a liveaboard at Christmas. I am based in the middle of the states but have about 12 days so could get most places. I am thinking a liveaboard somewhere hot

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!:D

Christmas time?
You may be a bit late trying to book anything anywhere, it is holiday season for everyone.

Being a single, you may also get tagged with a single supplement, so keep that in mind.

Somewhere hot?
No place in Caribbean is going to be 'hot' during Christmastime. Look in south pacific, where it is their summer.
Palau, Fiji, Philippines, PNG, Australia, Chuuk.
Aggressor Fleet | The ultimate in live-aboards since 1984
Peter Hughes Diving - Live-Aboard Excellence to World Class Dive Destinations
Liveaboard scuba diving Australia, the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns
Home - Liveaboard Scuba Diving in the Philippines and Palau
Welcome Aboard the Truk Odyssey - Wreck diving in Truk Lagoon Micronesia

If you just mean somewhere warmer than midwest USA -
check out a liveaboard in Belize, Aggressor and PeterHughes are there (see links above).

robin:D

You know Uraluni, I'm thinking over my interests in a liveaboard, and getting shirt faced with the crew, and stapling my wife's underwear to the ceiling of some bar in the Carribean just ain't on that list. HA HA HA HA.... but if I want to know where to party naked, you'll be the first one I'll ask. :)

A few years ago we took a trip on the Turks & Caicos Explorer II during the week before Christmas (we disembarked on 12/24). As I recall, the flights to and from Provo were fairly full with families on holiday travels but the boat was not fully booked. They put a DM in the water on every dive so you wouldn't ever have buddy issues. The weather was ideal and the water was warm. It was a great trip.

We have a seat left on a Phillipines trip from 16-26 Dec. Shoot me a PM if you want some details.

You know Uraluni, I'm thinking over my interests in a liveaboard, and getting shirt faced with the crew, and stapling my wife's underwear to the ceiling of some bar in the Carribean just ain't on that list. HA HA HA HA.... but if I want to know where to party naked, you'll be the first one I'll ask. :)

Don't knock it if you ain't tried it :D

Hi Angy,
I would suggest south east asia. LOB are easy to get even around xmas time. I would suggest you go to Phuket (Thailand) and go with a boat to Similan Islands. You will love the dives. I can recommened the Whitemanta and Blackmanta. You can google the boats for booking.The Blackmanta is a bit more luxerious with hot towels after each dive. The Whitemanta is also fine and it's good for a budget. The crew and dive masters on both are great. You can also do Manado and Lembeh. Also, there the diving is really great. Lembeh is more muck diving while Manado and Bunaken have amazing walls, wrecks, corals. There you don't need to go LOB since all the resorts are so close to the dive sites. I just came back from a LOB in Queensland, Australia. I can highly recommened the "Spirit of Freedom". There is also a couple of nice LOB from Bali to Komodo. Let me know if you need more info.
Take care,
Dirk

We did the Turks & Caicos Explorer last Christmas week. It was alot of fun and there only 9 divers aboard. The following week (New Year) the boat was totally booked.

The flight to Provo however during Christmas week was very expensive.

Be sure to look at some trip reports about some of the above suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom