Stuck flat port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderwaterAsia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have an Ikelite housing for the Canon G9. I regularly take off the flat port and give it a good clean.

This time, stupidly, I seem to have done it too tight and it is now stuck. I have tried brute force, to the extent of bending the tool that Ikelite provide for removing the port. I have also tried cooling the housing down, as I thought this might help. Neither worked.

Before I send it off to an Ikelite service centre, has anyone else had this problem (or similar) and how did you fix it?

Thanks, Phil

Just me but I'd send it in to Ikelite and have them remove it. In my opinion it would be better to pay the $100 or so bucks then to have to kick myself in the a$$ after I broke the darn thing and had to replace it all. How do you like your G9?

Thanks for the advice.

The G9 I'm very happy with, although it doesn't have the wise lens of the G10 & 11. The housing is generally good, especially for the price, but if I had more money though, I'd probably go for the Patima housing.

Thanks for the advice.

The G9 I'm very happy with, although it doesn't have the wise lens of the G10 & 11. The housing is generally good, especially for the price, but if I had more money though, I'd probably go for the Patima housing.

I've got the Patima G10 Housing and as I'm a housing manufacturer I'm particularly hard on the opposition housings, but I have to say this is one of the best housings I have ever held. The build quality is briliant and the finish and control set up is a work of art!
I brought mine from Divervision via the internet and apart from a bit of a problem with delivery because they were out of stock the price and service was brilliant.

Maddog59:mooner:

Canon G10, Patima Housing,2 x Inon Z240/4 strobes hard wired(because i'm old fashioned and don't like optical cables) my own W/a lens and Dome Port System

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom