dive rite travel wing and SS BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgri

Reaction score
I went to my local LDS today to talk BCs and the guy I talked to pretty easily talked me away from a BC to a BP/wings.

I started talking to him about set ups and he was pushing the Dive Rite wings and BP. I mentioned Halcyon and he honestly said that he could only get them for the same price as I could so the mark up would be to much.

Since I want to buy from them, I was thinking about ordering a DR SS BP and a travel wing.

Does anyone have any experience with DR wings on BPs? How does it compare to a Halcyon 27#?

I know with the Halcyon you don't need the STA and one of my concerns was having an STA that left the tank off of my back, so I figure I would see about getting one of those low profile koplin STAs. Can you order direct from them or do you have to have an LDS order from them?

Thinks for dialing with all the "green" questions:)

Mark

Interesting.... something my LDS failed to mention. I'll assume he just didn't realize it, he dives with old ALU wings so I don't think he has every used DR wings.

I really like the low profile of the travel wing, Do you think you can punch holes through the non bladder part of the wing, add some eyelets, and mount a STA on top of the wing to hold it in place?

I was thinking of one of these STAs, http://www.selchie.com/travel.htm , but with a standard BP instead.

It is a nice compact little wing. There is a 3/4 inch fringe of material inside the donut where you might be able to punch holes, and of course the center strip. If that STA is 11 inches or less, it may work with more custom holes. Otherwise, you might look a FredT's 2 piece STAs. They should give you all the positioning options you couold need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom