Current Key Largo water temp? Also, night dive 10/17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Will be down in Key Largo from Sat afternoon through Sunday evening. Wondering what the current water temps are.

Also, have a full diving day booked for Sunday, but was hoping maybe to get a night dive in on Saturday too. Staying at Amy Slates...have a call in to them, but looking for a back-up plan on the night dive as well.

Appreciate any thoughts/recommendations.

Ray

It was a beautiful 85 on Saturday. Vis on the inside was a bit less than perfect by KL standards, and there were some currents on some of the sites. But again, that was by KL standards, and the diving was great by mine. There are a number of operators that do night dives pretty close by. I think Amy's is up around 102/103 so in that area I'm pretty sure Rainbow Reef and Ocean Divers would be going out. Get you back to the dock right by some restaurants too. Last week none of the night boats seemed particularly full either.

Vis on the inside was a bit less than perfect by KL standards, but again, that was by KL standards, and the diving was great by mine.

Probably by MINE as well...I'm from NJ where "viz" is more of a YES or NO proposition than in other places around the world!

lana_carol_01.jpg

84F on the spiegel and 83-84F on deep molasses(50-80ft) on sunday. the viz on fri and sunday was mediocre on the spiegel(25-30ft) and the deeper ledges(30-40ft)(and that's generous) with minimal currents. the weather station @ molasses reef is OTS for at least a few more weeks,,,,

reefman
key largo

84F on the spiegel and 83-84F on deep molasses(50-80ft) on sunday. the viz on fri and sunday was mediocre on the spiegel(25-30ft) and the deeper ledges(30-40ft)(and that's generous) with minimal currents. the weather station @ molasses reef is OTS for at least a few more weeks,,,,

reefman
key largo

I called NOAA and they told me that hopefully it will be repaired in a month

Ray,

Still getting temp readings in the mid 80's. 85 recently and should be holding as the air temp is still summerish (if that's a word).

Happy Diving!

Eric

yay! Cuz I'm only bringing the 3mm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom