Gulf Coast Trigger Kill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

river_roach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Took time away from Uncle Sam Thursday 10/08 to put the smack down on some some trigger fish. We left out of Orange Beach about 9:30 and headed east to a couple of my buddies hunting grounds. The seas were less than a foot. This made for a nice trip. The strange thing about the water was the further east we went the nastier the water seem to get. Not the norm.... Either way we dropped in on the first hole and watched four snapper over 30lbs swim with no worries. I hope they hang around for season. We ended with 11 triggers between the two of us on this dive with a max depth of 46'. On our second dive we saw enough snapper that would make you want to put the pimp hand on the bastards that are regulating this so called endangered fish. We shot 13 triggers, 2 mangoes, and one spanish at a max depth of 65' on our second dive. All in all it was a great day up until the starboard engine cable broke and we had to limp in on one Evinrude 150. Thank God for those twins. This is my first spearfishing report so don't rip it to hard.

Attachments

• triggers1.jpg
    triggers1.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 62
  • triggers2.jpg
    triggers2.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 59
Nobody can bash a report that has pictures showing the kill! Good report - I need to shoot some more fish soon...

Nice trip.

Back
Top Bottom