Finally The first step to Become a Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last week I finally started the Emergency First Respond course as a pre-requisite to the rescue diver course. :D

I'm really enjoying it, and I think this course should be imparted in high schools or universities.

For us divers, I really recommend it, specially if you go to dive sites where no emergency services are near.

Great!

I've taken plenty of courses, in school, in icehockey, through work and diving but when I had completet the Rescue Diver course I felt really great about myself somehow.

I felt like 'damn, this was a really really great course' and got a few mindbeakers along the way.

Good luck with your upcomming scenarios :D

I had the greatest time going thru the rescue exercises at Dutch Springs last year. A great instructor and great fellow students make for the best class I have ever taken so far.
As the others said b4, nice to know the skills but hope to never have to use. I feel safer and more confident diving with my wife since I have to be the in charge one for diving.
Enjoy, learn, remember.

The EFR and 02 classes were geat! We had a few guys [clowns] do some serious acting for our senarios... What a riot!

Thank you everybody, that's something that I wanted to learn for a while; so far its been fun, and makes me feel more confident.

I've read a lot about how exhausting the scenarios can be, so now I exercise everyday. (maybe this course is helping me even before I finish it :D)

I was warned about the physicality of Rescue and was tentative at then age 53. But that part was not bad at all. What I found hardest in the scenarios was the decision making, which, like DM course, is the main focus.

Damage,
Smart! definitely exercise. This is NOT for a regular person- NO its not Navy diver training but even the best in shape dude showed his lungs after the first task of a long swim! But you can swim using different styles which helped
Good luck!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom